Electrical Installation: Applied Work
This was a two year course at Blackburn College, completed in 12 months due to previous training with Alliance Learning Academy, and experience with VELDEN Engineering. Top of the class, and achieved high enough merit to advance onto a National Diploma in Electrical / Electronic Engineering.
Direct working experience installing & fault-finding:
- Single & 3-phase power systems
- 3-phase large scale machinery
- Steel / PVC trunking & conduit
- Fire detection / emergency lighting systems
- Ingress protected / outdoor installations
- Digital & analogue CCTV systems
- Wired & wireless network infrastructures
"I was very keen to learn while studying at Blackburn College, I was always ahead of my class in practical tests, and was often given additional work to complete. Due to my rapidly developing skills, I was often chosen to help with test installations for other students, under the supervision of my tutor."