House Refurbishment / Loft Conversion
This project involved completely renovating a loft in a mid-sized terraced house. This newly renovated loft space adds an additional bedroom, two very large cupboard spaces, and serves to significantly increase the value of the property.
The room is constructed mainly from low-cost 3x2 timber, and finished with a pine balustrade & matching cupboards. The eaves serve as large cupboard spaces with internal fluorescent lighting.
There were several side objectives to the project also:
- Install a Velux window & repair the roof.
- Build a dividing wall for the bedroom & new staircase.
- Build a custom staircase with solid pine balustrade.
- Build an under-stairs walk-in cupboard for the adjoining bedroom.
- Build a solid pine balustrade for the loft opening.
- Renovate the hallways, bathroom, and remaining two bedrooms.
- Install low-voltage lighting throughout the hallways.
The project was completed in April 2007.
The project photos are shown below.